Where I'm From

This should give a basic idea of where i'm from and how I view it with a visual representation.

The main idea of this painting is to tell about significant things to me from my area. The whole of it is set at sundown next to a road that separates a city restaurant and a music festival held in a field. I have always loved music and I like to sing which made me want to add a musical event. The most recent event I went to had food trucks so that was on my mind when I put one next to the staged field. The other reason I put a food truck on the “canvas” is because I love trying new or delicious foods. That being said I wanted to add a more famous restaurant from Chicago because my family has been going there ever since we came to the city. I love pizza and Chicago is known for it but I can say for certain I didn't do it justice. The reason I wanted to do a painting was because I recently went to a new art gallery. This gallery was based on a neighborhood in Chicago called Little Village. The gallery featured lots of paper mache, sounds and pictures making me want to be more artsy. The residents of Little Village have been going through gentrification. Most people probably can't see it on the surface but I almost guarantee the people living there can see the change. The whole concept has made me look at my own neighborhood many times over. Taking the time to look again has made it all the more obvious how much life is changing there. The painting itself could never come close to describing how things are in my area. I normally only do abstract so it was a challenge but here it is.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endure The Colors

Light Work

War Is The Mental State Of The World